Ok so I haven't attempted the Here Be Dragons challenge yet but I'd like to think I battled something akin to the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog - fluffy on the outside, angry with pointy teeth on the inside. I'd like to think I deserve a Dragon Slayer T-Shirt and I'm not above begging to get one. I've owned Stash for a while now and decided to buy JIRA and connect them up, here's what happened...
Stage 1: Install JIRA
Complete
Stage 2: Connect Stash to JIRA
I eventually got this to work with many many many admin logins (this'll make sense in a minute). Once they were connected I disabled Stash's internal User Directory (this is key later on).
Stage 3: Work out why I had to log in so many times and when I moved from JIRA to Stash and vice-versa I would always get logged out.
Well it turns out this was my problem - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Login+and+session+conflicts+with+multiple+Atlassian+applications
In short it's because by default JIRA and Stash both have an empty context root and they overwrite each others cookies.
Stage 4: Reconfigure the Context Paths
So I decided to reconfigure Stash to use "/stash" and JIRA to use "/jira" to keep them consistent.
Stage 5: Fix the application link from JIRA to Stash
JIRA quite rightly complained the it was no longer able to contact Stash so I used the "relocate" option and fixed up the link.
Stage 5: Weep at no longer being able to log into Stash.
Doh! Changing the context paths meant that Stash could no longer contact JIRA, which was the only enabled User Directory (as I'd disabled the internal directory earlier). I.e. I fell foul of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3717
Stage 6: Look at Stash's DB and see if I can fix it.
After some hunting I found the crowd.server.url in cwd_directory_attribute, updated it and crossed my fingers. Thankfully it worked.
Stage 7: Relax and wipe away the blood, sweat and tears.
Complete.
So do I deserve a Dragon Slayer T-Shirt? Please say yes...
Alex
p.s. I realise this is a bit tongue-in-cheek, please don't shout at me.