user[1].png
Already does. EWS is a system that allows users to write code that talks to Exchange servers. JIRA supports the writing of addons that could do this. And if you want to go the other way, JIRA has REST endpoints EWS can use.
If you are thinking of just email exchange, then you may need to enable the standard mail services in EWS - POP or IMAP (the secure versions of course). MAPI is a protocol which JIRA will not support because it's inferior, closed and costs money.
I think the main point I'm trying to make here is "What do you mean by "support"?"
So in a nutshell, the default inbound mail handler does not and will not support EWS as alternative protocol to IMAP/POP3?
No, because EWS is not a protocol. EWS *is* fully supported as long as it uses the POP or IMAP protocols. The MAPI protocol will not be supported because it's inferior, proprietary and expensive.
Thanks for quick update. Our mail team decided to switch off POP and IMAP overnight without warning. Now we're stuck with a broken Jira as they keep pointing out they only support EWS and not POP or IMAP. We've been doing things manually for the past few days and this is killing us
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- my company has stopped supporting IMAP and POP completely for legit security concerns and because they don't support Microsoft's authentication method. Also, most applications we use have already supported EWS (without IMAP or POP) for years. Please vote for the feature request. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68068
I think your company needs to catch up on security. You need to stop using compromised protocols like EWS.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, unfortunately this comment you provided is not helpful to the conversation. I've noticed you are adamantly opposed to using EWS, but I haven't seen you provide any specific reasons.
I've notice you have the badge of "Community Champion" so I am surprised that you left this kind of unhelpful comment. I would appreciate any useful information or links that I could share with my Exchange team.
Unfortunately, your experience is simply the opposite of mine. I've worked with companies that simply don't use EWS because it is not secure. Of course, I'm not able to go into detail.
The best I can do to help you is strongly recommend the use of secure, open, non-proprietary protocols (possibly over EWS if you don't then have to a) code for it and b) pay for it too)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.