Hi!
I have rich experiance for writting plugins for JIRA in my company. Now I want write some useful free plugin, but I haven't any ideas. What will be useful for you? Please, tell me your need.
I hope I will contribute for JIRA-community.
Just a qucik thought you can have look at new features/Bugs being reoported in jira project @ https://jira.atlassian.com/ look at number of votes they have or support reference count than you will might know what people wants.
A plugin to translate custom fields would definitely be a very good one (see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6798)
How about a plugin so custom fields can have hoover tooltips/help?
Personally, a very useful plugin would be to replicate the header icon from the OnDemand version that allows a user to select either JIRA, Confluence, or Fisheye/Crucible as a dropdown option to seamlessly integrate the suite of products. As it is, with the installed version, it's not so mucha "suite" as it is a collection of separate, yet related applications. If I'm in JIRA and want to go to Confluence, I have to enter the URL into the address bar. With On Demand, it has a drop-down that lets you easily switch back and forth.
How about picking up an existing plugin that is not being maintained and become its maintainer?
Ok, i try find some interisting features
Do you have an example?
I think it so boring =(
I agree. :PBut is definitely a highly requisitioned one.
Я примерно понял, но может быть есть пример, где посмотреть?
I knew about, but maybe there is an example, where to look?
Maxim, here is a screenshot of the drop-down I was talking about. There is no code example that I'm aware of. When I asked a question about whether it was something that was configurable for the installed version, I was told that they did it for the OnDemand version only, and there wasn't an option to do it in the installed version. Here's a link to the way it was implemented in OnDemand. You can see that they implemented the Logo as a drop-down. For us, we really would like to be able to easily switch between our apps that are installed separately (JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible, and Confluence). If the plugin could just add-on functionality to the current Logo and make it configurable, so you could add the links that you want to include, that would be perfect!
These are some examples in my opinion are either 1) not being maintained 2) or just being maintained but not improved 3) and source should be availableJira clearcase plugin Atlassian connector for eclipsevisual sourcesafe pluginsubversion pluginAtlassian connector for visual studioThere are many other cases as well if you look.Here is a recent example about my point 2
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95805/will-this-plugin-support-support-svn-ssh-protocol-public-private-key-authentication
Hi Maxim,
It will be great, if there is a plugin which could notify user where third party plugin is not updated. Just from my opinion.
Thank you.
Regards,
John
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.