We have a requirement where we need to combine the results of multiple filters/jql's into a single report.
Is there a plugin available for the same? Could anyone please suggest how could we achieve this?
Depends on what kind od report you are looking for!.Checked the filter statistics gadget?
Unfortunately, this plugin won't help. Allow me to explain it further, suppose I have written one JQL for a jira project 'TEST One'.
eg. project = TO and issuetype = "Bug"
and another jql for another project 'Test Two'
eg. project = TT and issuetype = "Bug"
I want the results for both JQL's in a single report in Jira. Can I use a join?
No, you need to merge the two queries together.
Project in (TT, TO) and issuetype = "Bug"
I think both of those queries work, based on a quick test that I just did.
The SQL for JIRA plugin is able to achieve it seamlessly as it fully supports JQL integrated with SQL. The SQL language supports the UNIION command for that. Ex:
select * from ISSUES where JQL = 'project = TO and issuetype = Bug' union select * from ISSUES where JQL = 'project = TT and issuetype = Bug'
alternatively you might want to combine both JQL queries within a single one only:
select * from ISSUES where JQL = '(project = TO and issuetype = Bug) OR (project = TT and issuetype = Bug)'
both queries would provide the same result data.
Thanks @Contact KintosoftThis did not work in my most recent attempts. Do you have a guide for users of the add-on or updated instructions on how to merge / unite complex JQL results ?
This part is pure SQL, therefore it is unmodified as it's part of the H2 core engine.
Perhaps there is some other error in your SQL+JQL query. (?)
Wow amazingly fast reply !I actually found a very useful built-in function in JQL that allows this.
For example:filter = "Active Issues where currentUser in summary, description, comments"OR filter = "Active Issues where Participant = Current User"OR filter = "Active issues where Watcher = Current User"https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Selecting-quot-OR-quot-value-of-multiple-filters/qaq-p/443271
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.