Like many, we started with a single instance of JIRA. Now that we've added a bunch of other Atlassian apps to the mix, we'd like to put them all behind an apache2 reverse proxy so we have a consistent scheme moving forward, as well as other benefits.
My concern is, JIRA currently runs as a base url. Going to a path based reverse proxy means it moves from /, to /jira.
I can put up a simple re-write rule to handle redirecting a browser to /jira, but my concern is all the integrations out there our users have done that expect JIRA to be on /. For example, REST api calls don't work unless modified.
What I'm hoping to achieve is:
http://mysite.com/ works as always giving users access to JIRA
http://mysite.com/jira goes to jira, just like / does
http://mysite.com/stash goes to stash
etc for each application
I know enough about apache, mod_proxy and mod_rewrite to know I don't know how to do this, but it seems like it should be doable.