Good morning!
I am trying to build out a sort of ITAM scheme within JSM Assets, and I had an idea for something I'd like to implement but it doesn't appear to be possible. Essentially I'd like to sort Vendors, then within that, the product type, then the product line, then the models and within the model a specific hardware configuration. Then, I would like to create a hardware object that links to that specific hardware configuration object, pulling in the collective object types the configuration is nested under, displaying them within the hardware asset object.
I'm not sure if I'm being clear, but the configuration object might look a little like this:

Then the HW asset might look like this:

The problem with this is obviously that you lose all of the values within the "tree" of object types. In fact, the values of the Configuration Type object are gone themselves, although they can be displayed by clicking the configuration object, but you still don't have any record of the object types above "7680" in the example given, and even then the HW asset doesn't "know" it's a 7680 (much less Precision, Laptop, or Dell), it only knows the hardware configuration of the 7680.

The easy answer here is that what I'm looking to do is simply not supported in Assets, but I am hoping that I just haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Any ideas?