Hi,
According to this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Emailing+an+Issue#EmailinganIssue-mentions one should have configured SMTP and have the global Browse Users permission.
Both conditions are satisfied but I don't get any mail via mentions. Other mail notifications work fine. Should I update the notification scheme ? And if so, what is the correct event name for mentions ?
We run Jira 5.0.7 on premise.
Kind regards,
Harkema
Hi harkema,
Please check the following information:
Ensure that the comments and/or description fields are using the Wiki Style Renderer, as in Configuring Renderers.
Regards,
John Chin
Hi John,
Thanks for your reply, I've checked the settings and:
1. user has Browse user permissions: when typing @h in the comment box I get a list of people with names starting with an 'h'
2. The wiki style renderer is configured for the comment field.
3. User email visibility is set to public
Any other tips ?
H.Harkema
Hi Harkema,
Have you ever disable the Welcome plugin by any chance? The Email issue is currently use one of the component in that plugin in JIRA 5.1.
Cheers
MOMO
Hi Momo.
It's enabled:
Hi Harkema,May I know when you "@mention" in the email, in the ticket itself, did the comment used the mention parameter as "in blue color" like harkema?
Yes, you can. In order to do so, you need to use the default JIRA Macro. However, it is not @<username>, but [~<username>] For example:-
[~admin]
You must have the Issue Key in the email subject in order to comment on the ticket.Do let me know if it works.Warmest Regards,KM
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.