One of the columns I am returning from a SQL query is an link to a file on a FTP server. Is there a way I can make the results be a hyperlink to the file? I am using the Bob Swift SQL add-on
Easiest thing to do is use wiki notation and output=wiki for the field:
select '[link text|' || link_field || ']' ...
or
select '[' || text_field || '|' || link_field || ']' ...
Hi!
I am using the described solution and it works fine but... the link text in my case is long and it dos not look so nice in my table.
My query:select top 1 '[http://rem002/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=HPD:Help+Desk&server=REM001.politiet.master.net&eid=' + Entry_ID + ']' as test from sql008.arsystem.dbo.HPD_Help_Desk
My result: http://rem002/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=HPD%3aHelp+Desk&server=REM001.politiet.master.net&eid=INC000000002460
The result I would like to have:INC000000002460
Is there a way to make the link shorter?
Yes, put in link text indicated in the answer. So something like: '[' || Entry_ID || '|' || ...
Finaly I got time to look at this again....
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I made some adjustment and now it works as expected.
Is there a easy way to force the link to open in a new window? I have been googling around found that a link can open a new window using javascript in a html-macro but I don' t see how I can use this together width the SQL-macro.
That seems a bit heavy handed, but you can use any macro for a column. Since you are already doing ouput=wiki, then the column would be like:
select '{html} ... {html}' ...
After generating link I required, how can I store it in a separate string
for ex:
my link to be redirected is
https://wynk.in/music
But I need it as
WYNK (clickable)
So when i click on WYNK, I should go to https://wynk.in/music
I this something possible in SQL? If Yes, can you write full query for me please.
Thanks,
Sharukh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.