Hi Confluence Experts,
I have some concerns related to the new accessibility laws that are planed to take effect in June 2025
We did some tests with our Confluence instance Data Center V8.5.20
We have installed NVDA Screen Reader (open source utility for blind and vision impaired)
After launching the Screen Reader, we navigated through Confluence pages and plugins via keyboard and tab key
We noticed that some buttons are not pronounced correctly (i.e. ‘Publish’ button has incorrect label and ‘Cancel’ button is recognized as link instead of button)
We noticed that when navigating within Confluence plugins using the tab key the navigation jumps outside the plugin into Confluence Editor options.
I have a list of issues that we found.
I wonder if Atlassian has a plan to resolve these issues before the law takes effect
I will be happy to get any info regarding this topic and any plans in this direction.
Thanks,
David.