Hi!
I have an old instance of Confluence (6.3.1). I know this version is clearly outdated, and we are aware that we need to replace it. We're working on that, but for now, this old instance remains quite useful to us.
For the past few days, I’ve regularly found Confluence down, displaying the following error:
Non-Clustered Confluence: Database is being updated by another Confluence instance. Please see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/mwiyCg for more details.
Looking at the logs, I see the problem always occurs after this error:
2025-03-28 13:01:01,104 WARN [Caesium-1-4] [confluence.cluster.safety.DefaultClusterSafetyManager] onNumbersAreDifferent Detected different number in database [ -910347570 ] and cache [ -822303782 ]. Cache number last set by [ not clustered ]. Triggering panic on node [ not clustered ]
I simply restart Confluence to resolve the issue, but it keeps happening. Is there anything I can try to work around this problem? For example, resetting the cache, repairing database tables... or even disabling the task causing this error (which might be bugged since it's registering negative numbers)?
Many thanks in advance.