I am looking for a way to easily bulk delete Confluence page history. We have automation in place which allows data on a wiki page to be autogenerated. Whenever when the data is updated many times, this can create a large amount of unwanted history. We would like to be able to delete the page history using automation from time to time.
I see that there is a copy space plugin (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.copyspace) which provides this type of support, however I do not want to have to copy a space to delete the history in it. More over some of the history within the space I would want to keep.
I note that the REST API, has the ability to query the history information for a page, i.e. /rest/api/content/{id}/history. Could that be used to delete the history for a page? I would not appear as such since only GET is supported.