I'm trying to basically assign the issue to different groups depending on a field value entered in the create screen. I want to implement this at the time of creating a work item.
Hi Nikhil,
I think there are some similar questions posted here, please see:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/165441/how-to-change-assignee-based-on-a-custom-field-on-the-create-issue-screen
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/71135/jira-automatic-assignment-based-on-custom-field-value
Please give a try. Perhaps, its help your implementation here.
Bear in mind that you can't assign an issue to a group though.
Isn't that the principle of Components and Component Leads? Based on the Component you select, the Issue will be assigned to the Component Lead (if you set the default Assignee equals the Component Lead).
As Nic mentioned in his comment you can't assign to groups. However you could use dummy users that have a mail group box as email address. So you can at least notify a group that they have a new issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.