There are times when I commit code with Source Tree (or Git) and I mention the JIRA issues in the comments like this (so they get linked with all Atlassian products):
PROJECT-121 Add link to header text
PROJECT-143 Removed border around
PROJECT-303 Something else
But then there are a few other changes that I needed to make that I want to there to be a record for.
So my commit comments usually ends like this:
PROJECT-121 Add link to header text
PROJECT-143 Removed border around
PROJECT-303 Something else
- Added new functionality to form
- Removed text limit on message box
- Found minor typo or incorrect color used in form
So is there a way or a tag I can add to create a new JIRA issue in the comments like this:
PROJECT-121 Add link to header text
PROJECT-143 Removed border around
PROJECT-303 Something else
- Added new functionality to form #createJiraIssue
- Removed text limit on message box #createJiraIssue
- Incorrect color used in form #createJiraIssue
This would be really helpful because then there can be a record for these changes and people can search and raise issues and add comments on these and they would be in the system (if we ever needed them) and I wouldn't have to go through the process of creating them manually. Does this make sense? These are usually minor enough changes but you still want a record for them. We have people that go through and verify commits and resolve and close issues. This would create a record for them that they could also fill out with more information if need be. This type of situation occurs on almost every commit. So it would be a huge benefit to developers wanting to work on and focus on code than logging into Jira to create issues and so on.