Hello Guys,
we are planning to use a Active Directory for user authentication. Therefore i created a new "Confluence AD Administrator" Group in the Active Directory. Now i want to know if it's possible to to grant "Super User" Rights to the newly created group.
Hi Wilhelm,
The super user group is confluence-administrator, if you want to administrate this group into your LDAP, create the LDAP group with this name and set the LDAP directory on the top position in Confluence.Hope this helps.
Cheers
Willhelm,
Tiago is correct. You are more than free to create a group called confluence-administrator inside your LDAP. This is the default administrators group that will grant all users in it Super User Rights.
If you wanted to keep your group name you could visit Confluence Admin > Global Permissions and add your "Confluence AD Administrator" as a group in the top permissions area. You would then mirror the permission scheme that the "confluence-administrator" for that group. I am including a link to our global permissions over document below.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview
Hello Daniel,
I'm afraid i can't name my own AD Group with Super-User rights. I did the following things you said:
But nevertheless my new Administrator Account is not allowed to see any spaces. Next thing I'll try is naming a group confluence-administrator in the Active Directory.
Hello Tiago,
I tried your solution and it worked for us. I created a group named "confluence-administrators" in the Active Directory and deactivated the Internal JIRA Directory.
But it seems to be a problem if I want to use a different group name.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.