Hi,
I want to know how to create a filter with the key taht begin by a word.I try this
project = "123" AND KEY ~ "ABC"
but I have this message:
The operator '~' does not support by 'KEY' field.
Hello @Ti-Crick
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
The field "Key" refers to the issue key; i.e. ABC-123. The issue key is made of the Project Key and a number. So, if you want to filter based on the portion of the issue key that is on the left side of the dash, just add the "project =" or "project in ()" criteria to your filter.
If that doesn't satisfy your need, please provide more information about what you are trying to accomplish.
Thank you for your feedback.
The problem is that I have two projects. The first projects is created in 2024. The second is a new one this week.
When I want to insert data in the second one, I see the tickets of the first projects. I don't want to.
I create a filter but when I go at My Work, I see the tickets of the first project.
When you say you created two Projects, do you mean two Jira projects?
If you go to the View All Projects page under the Projects menu are these two projects listed separately?
Or is the data for both of your "projects" contained in one Jira Project?
When you say you want to "insert data in the second one" how are you trying to insert that data? Can you provide a screen image that shows the screen you are using to insert the data, and point out where it is showing data from the other project?
Can you provide a screen image of what you are seeing when you are looking at "My Work"?
The picture
Hi @Ti-Crick
welcome to the community!
First off, I'd also see if a project filter can solve your problem; after all, the first part of the issue key is always just the key of the issue's project.
Otherwise, if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on: JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. One of the filter operations that is available for all columns is the text filter, which performs a partial match by default.
This is how it looks in action:
I'm using the project key column here, but it would work the same for the issue key. For more advanced use cases, you can also use logical operators (like AND, OR, or NOT), or even regular expressions.
I should also add that JXL can do much more than the above: From support for configurable issue hierarchies, to issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
Thanks a lot for the feedback.
I will comeback to you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.