I hope someone can help here...
I have a new Dell server running Debian 8.1
I have JIRA successfully running on this server connected to a postgresql db ('jiradb' with user 'jira')
I've installed a 10 user Confluence test on the same server and that seems to have installed fine and I can get it up on a browser via the standard 8090 port.
I created the database 'confdb' with user 'confuser'
However when I fill in the details on the webpage I get 2 errors
The following error(s) occurred:
- configuring.db.failed
- org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "confuser"
here's the JIRA database config in case that helps...
cat atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>postgres72</database-type>
<schema-name>public</schema-name>
<jdbc-datasource>
<url>jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/jiradb</url>
<driver-class>org.postgresql.Driver</driver-class>
<username>jira</username>
<password>****</password>
<pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size>
<pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size>
<pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait>
<pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle>
<pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned>
<pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>
</jdbc-datasource>
</jira-database-config>
I'm trying to use the following for confluence
Driver Class Name ... org.postgresql.Driver
Database URL jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/confdb
User Name confuser
Pawssword xxxxx
Thanks in advance
Joss