some text\\
another text
And as a result I have:
some text another text
May be I do something wrong? Or it just doesn't work in Jira?
While I didn't complete understand what you meant by 'system comments', in JIRA there is nothing special to add a new line in the wiki markup. Just press enter while typing and that's it.
It looks too simple an answer for me, if I have misunderstood your question, please let me know.
HI,
It seems to be working for me, when I tested in my jira.I think you have disabled the wiki style renderer or in other words, your text field is working with default text renderer and it does not use wiki style renderer, to enable it, Goto Administration->Issues->Fields..->Field Configurations Tab->select the field configuration->check the field's renderer.Change it if it is default text renderer.
Hope this Helps.
I have a transition screen where I can't type enter in the textareas, including the comment field. I guess the OP has hit that same (reproducible) bug.
Thanks for posting this! I can now use these within the CSV imports. However doing so doesn't allow other markup, so although I have a new line I can't have tables or headings.
For instance\\ would have given me a new line\\ h1. is not a heading
\n
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.