I can't find a simple plugin to use drop down menus. Could you give me any advice?The Scaffolding Plugin is a bit too expensive, as we only need dropdown menus.
Since scaffolding plugin is not an option here, I am not sure whether the simple template with varaible meets your requirement or not. If you would like only to hide stuff, expand macro might work.
Hello Susanne,
What would you like the menu to do? Are you trying to populate a form? Create an alternative navigation scheme? Are you trying to hide content behind a macro that you can click to expand?
I want to insert a simple form in a page, where you can choose between several items like for example "approved" "high priority" (or anything else that we need at the moment). There need to be items given and the user can choose from these. The chosen item needs to be saved, so that the next user can see, which item was chosen. Do you have any suggestion, what I can do to accomplish this?
You could try frevvo.
This question is still open.
Hey thanks for your hints. I exactly want something like those variables, but I want the users to be allowed to change them anytime they want to and also after a page has been created from the template. Do you have any advice?
The question is still open
you can develop your own plugin or using javascript you can create drop downs,
check the following doc
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI/Forms
I see. Not on top of my head. Perhaps you could develop your own plugin in order to do this. Or you could do something from html macro.
I have tried using the built in plugin drop down menu called the "Menu editor" but it is global and you cannot lock it to a space or section of pages so I need to use another drop down menu within that particular space. Is there any macros around for this?
Thanks,
Kat
Also would like to customize the Confluence menu to be horizontal and cascading. The horizontal part I was able to figure out w/ the help of Adaptavist documentation and examples.
As to cascading, so far no luck however someone who knows how to integrate .css better than I might be able to figure this out with the help of the following:
http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-pure-css-dropdown-menu
For the sake of others, please also interpret this as if she wanted to know how to create a dropdown by writing her own macro. As that would be beneficial to me who is trying to do that.
And it will never be answered because the Question stated that expensive plugins are not an option.
In case someone is coming to this page later, there's also this option:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Creating-a-dropdown-user-macro/qaq-p/494678
Hi there,
You could have a look at Handy Macros for Confluence. It's a third-party app with many other features but for the dropdown selection. So the price could sound reasonable to you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.