Guess who's back! Okay so I have this working during a transition (the two CustVars are fields on the transition screen):
string strDBRequestDesc = "Variable 1: " + #{CustVar1} + "\n Variable 2:" + #{CustVar2};
string strIssueSum = 'test Issue summary';
string strJiraID = 'JIRA-123';
string strUser = 'me';
string [] results = sql("CustDBConnection", "EXEC dbo.SampleStoredProcedure @CommType = 'U',@CommFrom = 'Other',@CommDesc = '" + strDBRequestDesc + "',@CommSubject = '" + strIssueSum + "',@CommJiraID = '" + strJiraID + "',@user = '" + strUser + "',@SendMail = 1");
If replace the variable assignment with standard variables it doesn't work:
string strIssueSum = description;
string strJiraID = id;
string strUser = assignee;
I also tried putting the standard variables inside #{} and it didn't work. The editor tells me that my syntax is okay. I have a guess that while the transition screen is shown, there is no issue context, but there should be right? Thanks again for the help!