There does not appear to be a local user group in Memphis and we are not budgeted for a consultant. I need advice and feedback on implementing JIRA from a business perspective of 'how should we implement' not 'here are the technical configuration steps to implement'.
For example: I have seen JIRA implemented so that each 'department' was a 'project' and all issues for that department were entered under that project. There was a full SDLC waterfall workflow implemented. We had issue types that were not associated with development and had a different workflow. I was going to implement similar process at my new place of employment and I will be the administrator. However, the new development manager has just chosen SCRUM and the Agile add on as our methodology for managing (first dept in the company to do so). But not all issues will be an agile development project. I will need to track all issues together but you have to chose agile as a feature of the project.
Need advise on best implementation.