Hi
We use Bamboo On Demand to build and deploy our projects.
We also use a local Jenkins to run Selenium Webdriver tests on a deployed system.
Now, i want to be able to automate the flow:
- Build a project
- Deploy to sandbox
- Trigger Jenkins to run the tests
- Bamboo build should pass / fail according to tests results retrieved from Jenkins
Questions:
- How to trigger Jenkins ? I know i can use the script task and call Jenkins API. Any better way?
- Once I triggered Jenkins, how Bamboo knows when test task complete?
- How can Bamboo fetch the tests results from Jenkins? I know it have a Junit parser task, Not sure how to fetch the XML result file generated in Jenkins to Bamboo. Again, Jenkins provide API to fetch results can I use it and just parse the result my self in another bamboo script?
Thanks !