Problem loading class: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/UpdateSummary.groovy: 9: Invalid duplicate class definition of class UpdateSummary : The sources /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/UpdateSummary.groovy and file:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/UpdateSummary.groovy each contain a class with the name UpdateSummary. @ line 9, column 1. class UpdateSummary extends AbstractIssueEventListener
Do you have any links on the file or is it duplicated in some way? Has the file got the same class named twice?
It's generally because you have a class with code outside the class, so the compiler generates a class for the class in the file, and a script class with the same name, eg this will cause it if a file called Foo.groovy.
class Foo {} new Foo()
I don't have anything new Class_Name() in the file. This is working without any issue on 6.2 & script listner 2.1.17 When I did upgrade on staging, this issue started. I have copied my groovy files from /opt/... to /var/... I was able to update those successfully if I do Jira restart. However if i try to do update script runner files next day, it throws same error.
I'm using below line- Logger log = Logger.getLogger(AddReporterAsWatcher.class) I hope this will not cause any issue. Do i need to delete files from old path?
also if i keep those files under /var/atlassian/applicaiton-data/jira/scripts it does not throw mentioned. as of not those i are kept in /var/atalassian/applicaiton-data/jira/scripts/com/icg/
Rename the file to some other name, dont keep class name and file name same ! will solve the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.