I created a LDAP server with TLS and a self-sign certificate. I can login from another Linux client machine that I copied the pubkey to and it appears to be working great.
Now trying to get Confluence to use the LDAP servers has proven very difficult. I have followed the documentation, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.
I wish I could just click in Atlassian and import the certificate. That would make life easy, but I'm trying to use the keytool and that is a nightmare.
My self-signed certificate is in the "pem" format. The examples I see are using CRT format. Do I need to convert mine? Not a certificate expert. I've used this command, but I get the error below this command.
keytool -import -alias serverCert -file /etc/pki/tls/certs/ldap1_pubkey.pem -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts
keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /jre/lib/security/cacerts (No such file or directory)
If I change it to where the directory really is:
keytool -import -alias serverCert -file /etc/pki/tls/certs/ldap1_pubkey.pem -keystore /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts
I get this error:
keytool error: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
I would appreciate any help. Thanks,