Hello, I have a Chart from Table macro in a cell of my Table (Table 1). This table is inside a Table Transformer macro and will not display the Chart in cell.
Table Transformer v12.1.1 and
Hi @Steven Amos ,
Seems that you are talking about our Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app and its Table Transformer macro.
The Table Transformer macro gets data from the source table, so to make the charts visible, you need to "draw" them beforehand in the source table.
Go to the Table Transformer macro settings -> Options tab -> Source data and choose the "Show all content" option.
Then you'll get a visible source table with charts and these charts will be also displayed in the output table of the Table Transformer macro.
Also if you have questions regarding the app, please refer to our support portal that is confidential and where all the questions are registered (here we try to find the related threads manually).
This works as a workaround, but I then have duplicates of tables that I would prefer to have hidden. I tried using the "Hide Tables" option which I thought would work, but instead results in missing charts again. Is there a solution that would allow me to show just my final table with the chart rendered, and hide all the source tables?
Seems that everything works as expected here.
Besides, it is not a best practice to put tables inside tables. For example, it's impossible on Confluence Cloud. So, you may use layouts or Section/Column macros instead of the outer table. It will also help with the chart rendering but you won't be able to use an external Table Transformer macro.
I disagree, everything is not working as expected. There are 3 options for source data:
1) Show all content
2) Hide tables
3) Hide all content
Your statement implies there is no difference between 2) Hide tables and 3) Hide all content.
I also disagree with your statement about best practices. I should be able to render charts in the table, and have them dynamically change position. i.e. I have 10 projects with different due dates, and need to present graphical chart data with those projects. If the dates change, I need to change the order of projects. Using tables transformer, I can dynamically set the order based on due date.
When I select "hide tables" my graphs should still render, but the source tables should be hidden.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.