What do I need to do toy upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0
Cna I skip the in between relaeses
Can I upgrade from x86 to x64
You should upgrade to Confluence 3.5 before upgrading to 4.0. See this upgrade notes http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.0+Upgrade+Notes#Confluence40UpgradeNotes-UpgradeProcedure
Changing from 32-bit to 64-bit platform should not be a problem. If you are installing Confluence as a service, take note of the following article http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Problems+Installing+Confluence+as+a+Service+on+Windows+64bit
Make sure your users are aware of the editor changes. If you have many people used to using WML, they will be in for a suprise. It will behoove you to set up a test server, install 4.0, and then perform a lunch & learn for your team.
Agree with Dave - but in addition, you should positively promote it too with knowledge. Power in knowledge, so equip your users.
Share these links and videos with them - or at least be well-versed on them yourself at a very very very minimum.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.