I am trying to migrate a project from ClearQuest to JIRA. I have created a new Service Desk in JIRA,and workflow of the project to be migrated is also created. But when I am using the External System Import option from JIRA and mapping status field from CSV (exported from ClearQuest) to Status field present in "Issue Fields" in Mapping screen, it is giving Error in it. I am attaching logs, configration and my jira backup here.Can we migrate the status field from CSV so that status field is at the point where it is in exported CSV file?
You need to create all the of the statuses you need before you perform the import, and make sure that they exist for the workflows associated for each issue type.
HI Boris, I have migrated workflow already, so all the statuses are already existing in the new project where I am trying to import issues.
Your logs say that this is not the case: {code}2015-07-09 16:06:46,197 ERROR - Error importing issue ExternalIssue{externalId=autoid-3147671253735935602, summary=User Id - 670 - clicking on click here for password change policy is not functioning, issueType=10000} com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.ExternalException: Unable to create issue: User Id - 670 - clicking on click here for password change policy is not functioning at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ExternalUtils.createIssue(ExternalUtils.java:184) at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.createIssue(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:902) at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.importIssues(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:775) at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.doImport(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:401) at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:26) at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:15) at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:528) at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:491) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:254) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.ExternalException: Cannot find status with id 'Closed'. at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ExternalUtils.checkStatus(ExternalUtils.java:204) at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ExternalUtils.createIssue(ExternalUtils.java:173){code}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.