Hi, I've been in the process of setting up jira, confluence, and now Bitbucket on my machine (windows).
I can't get it to proceed past the database setup screen for just bitbucket. The test database connection works, and it creates a good number of tables in the schema for bitbucket, but then the page just refreshes and returns to the database setup page fresh without any indication of an error. Checking the logs in both the Bitbucket home and the application data for Bitbucket folders doesn't report any entries or problems from this either.
I'm using postgresql 9.3, I have the latest git for windows 2.x installed (the Bitbucket installer was satisfied about that), I've got a separate role/schema/tablespace/database combination for each product (jira, confluence, and bitbucket) and the other apps are up and running OK. My git is set to use the 'windows command prompt' option which is supposedly one of the two compatible options.
I followed the steps to create the role and database correctly (e.g. -1 connection limit, encoding UTF8) - at least I believe I have. Couldn't find any existing articles or google results to help figure out why I seem to be stuck in a loop on this page and would appreciate any ideas or experience dealing with this please?
One thought that just occurred to me, is that my git installation is brand new, no setup or anything beyond running the installer, getting the services running, and then checking the response with a 'git --version' at the command prompt. Did I miss any requirements here? I was hoping to not muck about with it too much here and would do necessary administration through the Bitbucket integration instead.
Thanks a lot.