I was wondering whether there was a way to reject force push on the master branch only.
This is so developers can work on feature branches, push, rebase & force push as necessary before a code reviewer merges into master.
I believe this has finally been added in Stash 3.10 :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+3.10+release+notes
Hi Chris,
I'm afraid there isn't really a way at the moment. You could certainly add your own custom plugin to do just that. Otherwise you might be interested in this feature reques, which you should vote on:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2905
Cheers,
Charles
Thanks for the quick response! I guess a custom plugin might be the way to go. Do you know if the code is hosted somewhere?
I found this (https://bitbucket.org/mark0815/stash-reject-force-push-hook) but I don't think that's the one used in Stash?
I'm afraid our code is currently private, although honestly it looks almost identical to out code _plus_ it has a branch selector. That would be a good starting point, and if you just want one branch to restrict then it should probably work out of the box.
Ahh cool - sorry I only just had a moment to look at the code - thanks!
Found this, going to try it: https://bitbucket.org/carolynvs/stash-force-field
Rally nice plugin Carolyn!! We tried it and it works nicely! You shoud add the link as an answer to this question instead of just a comment, it may be easily missed otherwise.
Yep: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-4209
Here is some further documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/using-branch-permissions-776639807.html#Usingbranchpermissions-Addingbranchpermissions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.