I just did a fresh JIRA install of 5.0.3 on a Linux machine.
At some point, long in the past, this machine had a JIRA 4.1.1 instance on it. I dropped the old JIRA database in MySQL. I missed removing the "jira" user from /etc/passwd, so the 5.0.3 JIRA installer created a user named "jira1". Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I tried to create my first project I got:
"Could not find servlet for: /plugins/servlet/project-config/PROJ/summary"
I also got an error from the main page claiming that "The Gadget Dashboard bundled plugin is not available."
So, I tried a "sudo service jira1 stop" followed by a "sudo service jira1 start"... This didn't improve the situation. Now I get:
The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)
- Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
- Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
- Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher)
- Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)
- Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
Hrm... What's gone horribly wrong here?