I set up an automation where a mirrored card is created to another board when a specific action occurs. However I cannot quickly navigate from the original card to the mirrored card and I was wondering whether I could set it up somehow. e.g. add an extra step in the automation flow where a comment with the mirrored card's url is added.
Is this possible?
Hey! Now that I see the automation you've tried, here's the corrected version of yours:
create a new mirror card with title "{cardlink}" in list "test", find a card with link "{cardname}", lookup a card titled "{triggercardlink}", and post comment "{foundcardlink}"
I tested this and it worked.
The original answer appears below.
------------------------------------------------------
To do a comment with automation, you can do:
lookup a card titled "{cardlink}" on board [PUTYOURBOARDNAMEHERE], and post comment "{foundcardlink}"
I just tested this. It successfully comments a link to the mirror card on the original card. That's what I understood your question to be.
That being said...the link to the mirror is already found under the Attachments section of the original card! So there is an easy way to navigate it, so I'm not sure why you'd need to do this. But you can, so there's your way to do it if you need!
If you want to know more, please reach out!
Thank you for response!
I'm still trying to make the automation work. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here:
Also, I don't see any link to the mirrored card in the original card otherwise that would solve my problem. Is there a setting I should enable?
Hello again!
It's because you are creating the mirror card in the same automation, which is switching the card you are focused on.
Here's the updated automation. I tested it and it worked.
Also, weirdly enough, I just now am also not seeing a link to a mirror on my original card. I actually WAS seeing that last week.
Actually, now that I think of it, can I ask why you are trying to navigate to the mirror card in the first place?
It didn't work for me, but thank you for your time!
I also checked with Trello's support and they're working on that suggestion. As a workaround, to track all the mirrored cards, they suggested searching the card's ID.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.