Hello, I am not sure what am I missing, but I created a workflow which has an "In Review" status which I'd like to have both approvals and emergency overrides, however I can't seem to find the "add approvals" tick box. What am I missing? Is there specific configuration that the workflow needs?
I've read this article but it's not very clear how I can use it when creating a workflow from scratch.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-service-management-approvals-938847527.html
Ok so, as I was reading this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Workflow-Add-Approval-Step-for-Group/qaq-p/2848179
Turns out approvals only work for Service projects, not Business. which is kinda odd, Business projects are the ones that most require approvals (HR, finance, sales, etc) so I am not sure about that 🤷🏻♂️
Needless to say, I just changed the denomination on the project settings from Business to Service, not sure what that causes (test environment).
Hi @Mariano
Yep, is frustrating but the approval tick box only appears when the workflow is active.
I have been there.
Cheers
Mark
HI @Mariano ,
Perhaps this article may help solve your issue.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/fixing-approval-step-not-showing-in-the-workflow-1417150604.html#:~:text=In%20order%20for%20users%20to,the%20workflow%20must%20be%20active.
Hope this helps.
Hello Mark! Thanks for your reply! The workflow is active though, not really sure what am I missing.
Hello @Benjamin ! Thanks for the info. I checked that article out, and my workflow is added to a WF scheme and also added to an issue type, which is associated with the Procurement project
Correct, it is for service projects. The main thing it changes is the features in the project. You may notice your project would include portals, queues, sea, and request types.
It seems that the only difference are the views. So I guess no calendar for Procurement team! xD
Need to change to Service Project based not the 2nd screen shot above.
From an issue/ticket and workflow perspective, not much. However, queues could be helpful for your case. You could build out a queue for what tickets are pending approvals. It gives an easy way to get a count and know what approvals are in the backlog.
All the best!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.