I'm using SAML (Okta) to authenticate with an on-prem JIRA instance. One of my users would like to access the API, but I'm unsure how he would do so without a standard username and password.
I am guessing here, but what if they authed against Okta first and received a cookie, and then used that cookie to auth against JIRA's api?
Any feedback here?
Im having the same issue. When logging into Okta I get a session token back. How do I use this to then access the confluence/jira api ?
When setting up okta integration with confluence/jira the current authentication method which is basic auth is disabled.
Any suggestions on this ?
+1 on this. We have a client that is transitioning to Okta and wants to be able to continue using our API integration. Any suggestions on how this would work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.