We currently farm out engineering (CAD, etc.) work to a vendor and have given them JIRA logins and access to two projects. Now we want to have a second vendor, but the business wants them to:
1) Not see each others' tickets.
2) Not see each others' usernames in the Assign list.
I can solve #1 with issue-level security. Basically I have groups called "MyCorp + Vendor 1" and "MyCorp + Vendor2" and setting visibility to one or the other solves the problem. But I can't solve #2, and as a result have been asked to create two *new* Jira projects that only the second vendor sees, and our users will Move issues between projects depending on which vendor will do the work.
I hate this solution but can live with it in a two-vendor scenario, but I foresee a day with 5 vendors or more and I can't have (2 * number of vendors) projects. Is Jira the wrong solution for this usage scenario?