The tomcat window displays this:
24-May-2012 17:54:17 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find
a matching property.
24-May-2012 17:54:17 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to
'0' did not find a matching property.
24-May-2012 17:54:17 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug
' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-May-2012 17:54:17 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting propert
y 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
24-May-2012 17:54:18 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
24-May-2012 17:54:18 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 535 ms
24-May-2012 17:54:18 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
24-May-2012 17:54:18 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32
2012-05-24 17:54:20,281 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] context
Initialized Starting Confluence 4.2.2 (build #3278)
2012-05-24 17:54:23,296 WARN [main] [atlassian.config.xml.AbstractDom4jXmlConfig
urationPersister] saveDocumentAtomically Unable to move C:\Program Files\Atlassi
an\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg.xml8485126628816502499tmp to C:\Pr
ogram Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg.xml. Falling ba
ck to non-atomic overwrite.
24-May-2012 17:56:25 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
24-May-2012 17:56:25 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 126966 ms
I'm not very technical, but I have successfully installed Confluence on this machine in the past.
- I ran the "uninstall" program to get rid of old versions of confluence
- Updated the JRE to v7 (the latest 32bit download)
- I told the virus checker to ignore c:\program files\Atlassian
- I downloaded atlassian-confluence-4.2.2-x32.exe and ran it
The first time it sort-of-almost worked. It asked for the server ID and I faffed around a bit trying to find that and might have closed the tab in Firefox and confused it
The next time it never got to the server ID bit. I uninstalled everything, rebooted (a few times) and tried again a couple of times.
One time I got a 'system crash' message but stupidly failed to save it.
Is there anything obviously wrong that I'm doing?