We would like to create, maintain and manage your software-documentation with Confluence (we already use Confluence 3.5 for our intranet).
At the moment, we don't know what would be the best way to manage different versions of our documents with Confluence.
Our background is as follows:
We got around 30 applications. For each application we have more or less 3 different document types (Admin-Guide, User-Guide, Architecture-Description).
It's necessary, that we provide at least 3 different versions of each document according to the different stages / versions of each application (development, test and production).
I already read the chapter „managing the technical documentation life cycle“ in the confluence documentation, but I'm not sure if this is a good way for us. If we create a separate space for each application, we would end up with a lot of spaces. I'm not sure if this is easy to manage.
Could somebody recommend a good way to organize our documentation within Confluence?