I've been searching for answers on how to create an automation so that some of the field values from the JPD idea are copied to the newly created Delivery ticket in the destination Jira project.
While I've found a wealth of information, almost everything I've found requires you to create the automation using the Automation > Global administration feature. In addition, almost everything refer to the Link Types = "Polaris issue link" but that's not an option I see listed for the When: Issue linked rule option.
My question is twofold:
- Has the "Polaris issue link" option been replaced with something else?
- If so, what is the new option that should be used?
- For larger companies that don't give project admins the ability to access the Automation > Global administration, is it possible to create an automation to update field on the Delivery ticket created from JPD?
- If so, does any documentation or demo videos exist with those details?
FYI - when you have an org that is large as the one I work for, they don't give elevated permissions to project admins nor do they have the capacity to create automations (e.g., they rely on the project admins). While I realize this is my org's policy, I have to imagine that other large orgs also have the same (or very similar) policies. IMO, it is a major drawback if people who are merely JPD/Jira project admins cannot create automations that will both save people time and reduce manual-entry errors.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.