Forgive my use of slightly incorrect lingo, but if I mirror a 'parent' card to a different board and create a 'child' card, can I write automation that will archive only the 'child' card on the second board, without archiving the 'parent' card on the original board?
I've built an employee schedule board for my department and want to mirror the specific day's schedule of employees on our order fulfillment board, so people know at a glance who is all working that day without having to open the scheduling board as well. I believe I've figured out how to mirror the necessary cards with a due date trigger and would like to write a due date trigger on the fulfillment board to keep the 'today's staff' list updated each day without yesterday's staff cards. I don't believe we will need to reference the 'child' cards again, so a direct to archive option would be ideal. But is that possible without archiving the 'parent' card?
I think I can just create another list such as 'to be archived' or 'previous day's staff' to constantly update my 'today's staff' list as I would like, but I still don't know if I can archive those 'child' cards if they are mirrors, and if I can do so automatically. I do not want to archive the 'parent' cards, as I have written automation that enables us to quickly create future schedules off them in the other board.
It seems like there is an option to hover over the 'child' mirror card without opening it and press c to archive, which should not affect the 'parent' card, but I have not tried this, and would still prefer a way to automatically do this.