I have been exploring Xray (free version) to evaluate its suitability for my team's needs. During my evaluation, I followed the configuration instructions provided in Xray's official YouTube video to integrate Xray issue types into an existing project. However, I encountered the following challenges:
- My existing Jira project did not configure The Xray issue types.
- After adding the Xray demo project and creating a new project, I was able to configure Xray issue types successfully.
- For existing projects, there seems to be no option to directly configure Xray issue types or add them to the issue type scheme. Instead, the only available option is to create new issue types manually.
Concern:
When introducing Xray to my team, it is crucial that Xray issue types can be seamlessly integrated into our existing projects. The current limitation of not being able to reuse Xray's predefined issue types in existing projects significantly reduces the usability of the app for my team's workflow.
Request:
- Could you provide guidance or solutions to enable the integration of Xray issue types into existing projects?
- Is there an alternative approach to configure Xray issue types without needing to create new ones manually for existing projects?
I am keen on introducing Xray to my team as I find it highly valuable. However, this integration issue needs to be resolved to ensure a smooth implementation.