Is there a way to upgrade the inbuilt-version of the jquery Library (v1.6.4) to a newer version? (e.g. 1.7.2)
I'd much rather have a single instance of jQuery present in my site, rather than having to fetch it twice and thus double download time/etc. Ideally Confluence 4.2 would have it by now (v1.7 was released in November last year), but I understand the "tested with" argument. But it would be nice to be able to, by choice, specify a newer version somewhere in a config file or the admin interface, etc. Can this be done?
---
If the answer is NO, then maybe someone can help me with a workaround:
I am trying to use a third-party javascript library that depends on 1.7. I have been trying to work out how to use jquery's .noConflict() but to no avail.
I'm using Confluence 4.2.5; with the Zen Foundation theme plugin (although I've tried switching back to Default Theme as well).
And I'm then trying to load in Twitter Bootstrap as a library.
I've tried the Zen approach; of loading in javascript files using the brand.properties file -- but have similar issues; and so for testing purposes I also tried using "Custom HTML" in the Admin interface -- and inserting the following there:
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.js"></script>
<script>
$.noConflict();
</script>
Doing this, and nothing else (e.g. not even getting to use the new jQuery) when running on Safari for Mac (and Chrome) results in the following error in the console:
RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded. jquery.js:6939
And the page takes a good 20 seconds to load before the error is displayed (eg. some form of infinite loop being hit).
Playing around with moving the noConflict() before the script src, adding the (true) parameter, etc doesn't seem to help.
Any ideas would be appreciated.