I have been using Trello for several months, and I have never received an email notification or desktop notification. The email notifications for due dates are specifically important to me. I have tried:
- Verified my account email is correct.
- I am "watching" the board as well as all cards
- No Trello emails in my spam folder.
- All due dates are listed correctly and the notifications are set to either "At time of due date" or more advanced notice.
- I CAN receive emails from Trello - the link on the website to test notifications does work.
- The test button for desktop notifications also works, but I do not receive any desktop notifications otherwise.
- I tried closing Trello during the time the notification should have been sent so it doesn't think I already "read" it.
- In my "Email Notification Settings", the email frequency is set to "Instantly". I have "Due Dates" checked to receive notifications.
NOTE: I also have never received a marketing email from Trello or Atlassian, despite seeing that I am subscribed to almost all of them (regardless, I did unsubscribe from all today).