I am receiving a "WORKFLOW ASSOCIATION ERROR" when migrating to a new workflow association. Upon first receiving the error, I backed out all changes to the new workflow and attempted a "straight" migration to a copied workflow to eliminate the possibility that there was a problem with the new workflow. I still get the same error. The current workflow for an important issue type is not working (no workflow buttons are presented to the user.)
The full text of the error is shown below. I want to know more about what integrity issues might exist in the project and what actions does the integrity checker perform. Also, we have never run this before and need to know if there are any risks of running it. What kinds of changes might be made etc.
There are errors associated with issues that are to be migrated to the new workflow association.
These errors must be corrected before the workflow association can be completed.
No changes have been made to the database.
To resolve these errors, please contact your JIRA administrators. Running the integrity checker from the administration section may resolve the problem.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-780'.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-781'.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-782'.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-788'.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-790'.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-792'.
•Unable to determine the current workflow entry for issue 'RIDMVDATABASE-793'.