How can I let the summary field auto-generated from a single select field and a single line textfield?
Thanks
Write a post-function to do it. But you'll still have to present the field to your users to fill in on issue create.
Your other option is to bodge some javascript into the 4 or 5 places where you're asked for a summary in an issue. You'll still need the summary on-screen, but you can hide it in the html.
present the field is ok and how do I create the post-function to fill the data to the summery?
You could write it as an addon, but I'd use the script-runner plugin - saves you the hassle of coding a whole addon.
can you give me an example of the script for that?
thanks
Use the behaviours from the scriptrunner addon: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/behaviours-overview.html
In Combination with a postfunction for the create Transition you Can auto-generate the summary.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.