I've got an internal-only JSM project designed for internal team members to create tickets related to our enterprise applications. In this JSM, we added everyone with a Jira license (jira-software-users) as a customer to the project. We did this because we want all team members (other than my direct team) to create tickets using the portal instead of Jira Software for this project and it was easier (less maintenance) to add all users as customers.
I have my notification scheme configured to send e-mails to "Requested Participants" when a comment is added to a ticket.
I also have a similar rule configured on the Customer Notification side because I want any requested participant to be e-mailed when a comment is made if they are not part of my team.
For example, a co-worker creates a ticket requesting permission to an enterprise application. If they add my director and I as a requested participant on the ticket, and then add a comment to that ticket, my director and I receive two e-mails. I don't want this to happen.
Is there a way to configure the Notification Scheme and/or the Customer Notification so my team won't receive multiple e-mails for the same change or comment?
----
My initial solution/idea was to remove all references in the Notification scheme and rely on the Customer Notification configuration. Also, we do use ScriptRunner, so there is a possibility that I remove all notification and customer notification info and rely on SR. However, this is not an ideal solution in the event we stop using ScriptRunner.
Can anyone think of a better solution?
Thank you!