I'm in the midst of a migration from Confluence Cloud to Server. It's going very well, except for an odd issue with two Dark Features that won't go away.
After the import of the Cloud backup, one of the issues I had was that I could not create or edit pages. The spinner would appear and spin indefinitely. After much troubleshooting and no luck, I discovered through CONF-44335 a workaround that worked great. By removing the Synchrony Dark Features as suggested in the workaround I was able to create/edit pages again.
However, and this is the odd part, two of these Dark Features return each time Tomcat/Confluence service is restarted.
To test this, I've:
- Removed the features and confirmed they were removed be reloading the page, then confirmed the functionality I wanted by creating/editing pages again.
- Stop and Start the Tomcat/Confluence service.
- Confirm I can't create/edit pages.
- Confirm two of the three dark features are back.
- Remove them again.
- Confirm I can create/edit pages again.
- Repeat the cycle each time the service is restarted.
Additionally, I tried removing them through startup parameters:
-Datlassian.darkfeature.site-wide.synchrony.opt-in=false
-Datlassian.darkfeature.site-wide.synchrony=false
-Datlassian.darkfeature.site-wide.shared-drafts=false
The "opt-in" option is removed, but the other two return every time the service is started and page create/edit is inoperative. And every time I remove them through the dark feature admin page, functionality is returned.
Aside from removing these every time I restart a server/service, is there something else I can do to ensure these features remain disabled/removed?
(Have also opened an issue with Atlassina already.)
Many Thanks!
Bryan