There is a bug I cant set issue type as epic when I create a issue
How to Set "Epic" as Default Issue Type in List/Bo...
Hi @Malathi Pentapalli and welcome to the Community!
You might call this a bug or a somewhat clunky / unclear design choice, but Jira's default issue type setting is quite peculiar. This only works the very first time a user tries to create an issue with the default issue type from an issue type scheme. After that, the tool remembers the last issue type the user created and offers that one for the next issue as well.
I understand the possible confusion, but there is no further configuration available to address that issue. In practice, you will create more other issue types than epics, so maybe / hopefully not defaulting to Epic is not necessarily a bad thing ...
Hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.