I edited the configuration of oracle 19c database in values.yaml file and use jdbc driver 11.jar but when i started pod it asked me to put database credentials manually in UI.so why this behavior and why I have to do it manually not from chart?Note: test connection successful from UI so I think it is not credentials error.
Hi @Ahmed Attya
First, verify that all necessary environment variables are properly set in your values.yaml file, ensuring that all required configurations are in place.
Next, confirm that the Oracle JDBC driver is correctly installed and configured, as this is crucial for establishing a successful connection.
Finally, apply any changes made to your values.yaml file by running the helm upgrade command, which will update your deployment with the latest configurations.
Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!Thank you very much and have a great one!Warm regards
Hi @Humashankar VJ thanks for your instructions. it worked but the problem was in URL. in values file at the url it gives wrong syntax example in values file: jdbc:oracle:thin@<db_host>:1521:<SID>
but the correct one should be: jdbc:oracle:thin@//<db_host>:1521/<SID>another questions should I use ojdbc11.jar or it should work at any driver?
The choice ultimately depends on your specific Java runtime environment and any particular JDBC features you might need.
ojdbc8.jar is still a nice option and is compatible with Oracle 19c.
Best Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.