We use SQL Server to host our JIRA db (now on 2012, was 2008 previously). We never really noticed a performance issue with SQL Server before but a problem unrelated to JIRA caused us to do a performance analysis on our db server. I noticed that JIRA is constantly making calls into the database on the order of once every few ms and makes the logs hard to process, it is always simple queries:
1) SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS ON
@TRANCOUNT > 0 COMMIT TRAN
SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS OFF
3) select 1
Is this normal? I ran across this question and answer and modified the dbconfig but have not yet restarted the service because it's production hours. Will that take care of 1&2? I know from experience that #3 is more of just a ping to see if the server is alive and the db is accessible. Is there a way to make that happen less often? Thanks!