So obviously, its easy enough to figure out when the bamboo deployment task is complete, but unfortunately that does not mean my app has fully started when that happens.
I have an app that builds on bamboo, gets deployed to a server (via scp then ssh to start the service). Once the ssh start command completes, as far as bamboo is concerned, deployment is complete. However, I have a test suite I want to run against it once it's deployed, and it's not yet ready if I try to run it in a deployment project triggered by the service deployment project.
What's the best way to handle this? Should I add a task to the deployment that pings an endpoint until it gets a valid response (with a timeout), so that the deployment doesn't show as complete until it's actually up? Should my test deployment do the pinging instead? Is there a better solution I'm completely missing?
Thanks