Hi,
How do you prevent a parent issue (Mostly of type Story) from closing if it has got any child issue (of type: Sub-task, Bug or task etc) associated with it. I know of a plugin (JIRA Workflow Toolbox) which lets me do that but I do not want to use it for obvious reasons . Is there any way this can be achieved without using any plug-in.
Can any one help on this?
Thanks,Hitesh
There is a built in condition for "prevent this transition if any subtasks are in <list of> status". Try that one.
Thanks Nic, but this condition is only for sub-tasks. There could be issues of other type as well which are not being taken care of by this condition.
I think you've misread it - it's for all sub-task types. Doesn't matter what they're called.
I think Hitesh means that you can link an issue using the "is parent of" and "is child of" links without them being sub-task types.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.