Hello - I followed the instructions below and installed JIRA as Service and even set-up the Account. But I not able to login using the account into JIRA Application. I always get "your username and password are incorrect - please try again." I've treid both local system account option and this account option under logon Tab. But I am not able to login. I requested password or user name but I never get emails.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+JIRA+as+a+Service
Can someone please help?
Sounds like you'll need to reset the admin password. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator
It says that I need to run SQL? But where do I run it? I mean how to do I get to the prompt and path? there were no instructions
It's assuming that you know what database you pointed JIRA at when you set it up. A mostly fair assumption - which one did you choose?
Thank you for your patience Nic. I just used all default settings and completed the installation and then tried to login. So I believe it should be using the pre-packaged HSQL DB that came with Atlassian Jira installable. It never asked me to create user name/password. After research I found the original link posted on my question, where it asked me to follow those instructions and I followed but none of those user IDs are letting me log into application. I've done this few times in the past (sometime ago) and it used to be more intuitive and did not have these issues. But looks like it creates it own user ID or I need to set-up default user account on Windows Services for Atlassian Service
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.